Wednesday, March 05, 2008

"with my ragtop down so my hair can blow"

** the title of this blog is dedicated to Vanilla Ice. (too cold, too cold...) **

I have realized lately that I LOVE driving with my windows down. I can really only do it if it's nice outside. So imagine my joy this week because I have been able to drive everywhere with all four windows rolled down, music blastin', big sunglasses on, and hair going crazy! Ahhh!!! I love sunny days!! When I'm not basking in the warmth of the sun and grinning like an idiot, I am singing along with my music at the top of my lungs.

I feel so alive.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey smarsh!

Love the VI quote. I have some trivia for ya...Rob Van Winkle, aka VI, went to the high school where I teach. our claim to fame... :)

*giggle giggle*

melanie

Smarshie said...

Are you serious?!? I thought he was from da hood.

ha ha

You guys should name your auditorium after him or something.

Amanda said...

We had snow Monday and today! But Tuesday and Wednesday were nice and warm. Looks like it'll be warm again tomorrow. Texas weather is so crazy!! I actually have a CD of Vanilla Ice that my kids and I were listening to this morning on our way to Clyde! Their favorite song is Ice Ice Baby.

Amy said...

It reminds of the good ol' days at Biola!

Smarshie said...

Speaking of which, Amy and Mel - last night I found a box of pictures in it from Biola. My favorite was the one of our S.O.S. crew at our retreat (did we go to Palm Desert? I forget). We all look soooo young. But we're so cute. =) Such fun memories.

Anonymous said...

Well, back then it was not so much the hood as it is now. I will say this...he dropped out. I don't think the name of a drop out would be an encouragement towards graduation. :)

I think it was Palm Desert. WoW! How long ago was that retreat? double digit years?

Melanie