Monday, March 17, 2008

concerts comin' up

First off, Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. How many of us when we were in elementary school got hunted down by people who wanted to pinch us for not wearing green and we vehemently stated that we had green on our underwear, but they couldn't see it? Yup, me too.

So, it's crunch time here at church because we leave for Mexico in 5 days! Ack! So the high school and college staff is running around like banshees trying to get all the last minute stuff done before the big trip. (oops, sorry....for those who are new to the blog, our high school and college groups are going to Tijuana, Mexico to build 5 homes during spring break. We have 110 people going. We leave on Saturday)

But I have some fun news in the midst of the craziness. There are some fun concerts/shows I have tickets for and I am looking forward to all of them.





1)Jimmy Eat World and Paramore. Yes, I am obsessed with Paramore and I think I have memorized every song on their "Riot" album. I found out they were going to be playing in early April nearby, so I immediately snagged some tickets. I only know a few Jimmy songs but I'm sure they will be great, too.

2) Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova. How many of you have seen the movie Once? If you haven't please go to your nearest Blockbuster or get it from Netflix. It's an indie film (came out last year I think) about about an Irish street musician (guy) and a Czech immigrant (girl) who strike up a friendship based on their mutual love of music. The guy (Glen Hansard) and the girl (Marketa Irglova) just won an Oscar for Best Song "Falling Slowly". The two of them will be here at the end of April. The tickets for that concert were sold out in 10 minutes, but luckily we hit the internet pre-sale. I am so excited!

3) Eddie Izzard!! Holy cow! Do you guys (and gals) remember when I came back from my vacay to So. Cal in January and said how I watched a ton of Eddie Izzard (British actor and comedian) DVD's and laughed my head off? My BFF Elissa called me last week and said Eddie was going to be doing a show at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood in August and she got tickets for us!! I think I screamed into the phone. I immediately got online and bought my plane ticket. Stoked stoked stoked.

So there we go, friends. 3 amazing concerts/shows coming up in the next few months. Each one will be different from the previous but each one will be special in its own way.

Back to work for Mexico. Just wanted to share the fun news. =)

No comments: