Friday, February 29, 2008

Chonda and Bone

Last night I got to help out my sister at a comedy event her radio station was putting on. It was a night of "clean comedy" featuring two Christian comedians: Chonda Pierce and Bone Hampton.

It was such a great night! I helped at the "merch" table, selling CD's, DVD's, books, and all sorts of other random stuff. (There was some great people-watching involved) And then myself and the other merch peeps would sneak into the concert and laugh our heads off.

Both Chonda and Bone were really funny. Chonda talked about some things I can't relate to (menopause, anyone?) but she also spoke on a lot of stuff that women of any age would love (she gave a shout-out to all the men who got dragged to the event by their wives...they were such good sports!) And then Bone got up and his energy and humor was rockin'!!! And through the whole night, I was appreciative of the fact that they were so funny and yet so clean. It was good to be reminded that you don't have to be dirty or crass to be funny (although I do admit I love a few comedians who aren't always so clean).

Anyway, if you're ever bored, you can go on YouTube and look up some of their sketches. Enjoy!

No comments: