Wednesday, January 09, 2008

back in the swing of things

Have you ever gone on vacation and you lose track of what day it is?

Isn't that the best?

That pretty much sums up the break I had. I went to my parent's house for Christmas and stayed there for a few days with my fam. Then I drove down to So. Cal and had 9 days of nothingness. I did pretty much what I always do when I go down there: sleep, eat, sleep some more, read, see good friends. A few highlights:

* staying with BFF Elissa and her hubby Mike. They just bought a new place and it is SO fun!

* I love Eddie Izzard. I didn't recognize his name when we first put his DVD in, but he is a British comedian and actor (you might recognize him from Ocean's 12 or 13). Anyway, we watched one of his comedic acts and were DYING. He is so funny! Oh my gosh. I was weeping. I usually dislike comedians cussing in their acts, but for some reason I laughed when Eddie did (is that wrong?) Maybe it's because he's British and they say it more nonchalantly and he's not meaning it in a crude way like Dane Cook or something. Anyway so then we had to watch another one. And another one and another one. We watched 4 of his DVD's throughout the week and my laughs echoed throughout the house.

* I went fishing in San Diego and caught a ton o' sculpin ("scorpion fish") Hmmm...good eatin'.

* I got to see my old roomate Lindsey, her husband Luke, and their new baby boy, Sutton!! Soooooo cute.

* Spent a 4 hour lunch with dear friend Jenna at a pizza parlor with guys cursing the Seattle/Washington football game in the background.

* Went to Wicked in LA for my third time! I just cannot get enough of that musical.

When I was driving back home (I got to drive through snow! It was awesome), I was reflecting on how much better I felt. Just about life and the world in general. I left December feeling burnt out, stressed, and tired. And I was returning feeling rested, happy, and more at peace. I am very thankful for that.

And now I am back in the swing of things. Unpacked, caught up with my roomies, did my laundry, cleaned my room, went back to work. The college group kicks off the new semester tonight. We're going ice skating and then to In N' Out. I am looking forward to seeing all the students again. I missed them. And then this Saturday... roomate Jen is getting married! Woohoo!

Hope you all are well.

No comments: