Wednesday, October 10, 2007

flu season

Well, the flu season is upon us once again. Time for me to go get my annual flu shot. "But wait Sarah," you might be thinking. "You aren't over 60 or under 5 or work with kids or have a poor immune system." Yes, friends, all is true. But I also dislike getting the flu. So I try and avoid it at all costs, even if that means shelling out 30 bucks and getting pricked with a sharp needle.

So I found out the drugstore near my house was having a clinic today from 10-2. I thought, "Oh how responsible of me. I'll go in early October and beat the November rush!" So I went in, paid, filled out my paperwork, and waited in line. When it was my turn, I sat down in front of the nice old lady and she looked at my answers. And then she asked, "Do you have a cold, flu, or any other illness right now?" (I just happened to be blowing my nose when she asked. Smooth.) "Um...yeah actually I'm getting over a cold." She handed me back my paperwork. "Sorry sweetie. We can't give you a flu shot if you're sick. Come back next month."

Ah, oh well. I'll go back in a few weeks.

Let's stay healthy, America! *cough cough*

No comments: