Thursday, August 10, 2006

"Summer lovin', had me a blast"

Yes, it is true, I love summer and I had a blast. But between you and me, friends, I am ready for summer to be over.

That might sound strange to some people and I cannot actually think of a time when I have said this before. I am usually moaning about summer coming to an end and wishing it could be longer. But not this year. This year I am ready.

Overall, this summer has been good and I've had a lot of fun. I've learned a lot, I've grown a lot, I've strengthened friendships, made new ones, enjoyed my job, and other things like that. But I've also had a hard summer and struggled with some stuff in the midst of all the fun. And I think I'm just done.

I am ready for summer to end. To get a few weeks off from the college program and plan for what's next. Our summer interns are leaving next week. Soon students will be heading back to school. I feel like it's time.

I want to take and remember all I've learned this summer...and then leave summer behind. Move on to the next season of life. Maybe some of you feel the same way. Maybe not.

No comments: