Friday, August 18, 2006

Ready for rest





Oh my gosh, I am exhausted. These past two weeks have been non-stop and I am looking forward to sleeping. Ahhhh... The main 3 things that have been going on are:

- planning the end-of-summer bash for the college group
- planning and writing out the fall calendar
- spending time (and reflecting) with my summer interns before they leave (tomorrow)

Our end-of-summer BBQ/Pool party for the college group was Wed. night and it was a lot of fun. We went over to a house of a family that goes to our church. We BBQ'ed, people went swimming, played games, we blasted music, made s'mores in an outdoor fire, ping pong, and just enjoyed each other.

My highlight from the party: there is a guy in our college group named Rob but everyone calls him "Big Rob". He is 6'9" and just huge. Plays football. Love him. (if you go down to the softball pix, he is standing in the back left side, wearing a blue Adidas shirt) Anyway, I could tell he wanted to go swimming but was nervous to take his shirt off. So I'm over at one of the tables putting together stuff for s'mores and I see this MASSIVE bar of chocolate. Super thick. As I start unwrapping it, I look over and see Big Rob taking his shirt off and quickly walking to the pool.

As he goes, I say to him, "Look at this chocolate bar, Rob!" I wave it around. "I feel like Willy Wonka!!" And he sheepishly replies, "I feel like Free Willy!" I laughed for a good 5 minutes. These students are funny!

Anyway, now that summer program is over, my interns are leaving, and my fall calendar is finally done, I am ready for a break. I need to rest and sleep and get back some energy. I'm lookin' forward to it.

Enjoy the last days of summer!

No comments: