Friday, October 28, 2011

leaving...again?

I know I just got back from Disneyland on the fall road trip with my college students. But I am leaving again to go to another Disney theme park. This time though, it's Disneyworld!

I'm sure you know by now, I love Harry Potter. And in Orlando, they opened up a Harry Potter theme park as part of Universal's Islands of Adventure. I've wanted to go ever since I heard about it. And months ago when best friend Elissa and her husband Mike said they could go in October, we jumped online and bought plane tickets! Woooo!


We will be hitting "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" as well as the 4 Disney World parks - Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. We're staying at the Animal Kingdom lodge. Would it be wrong to feed the giraffes outside my window? (I don't know if they come right up to the windows. Probably not. It's fun to think about, though)

It's very strange to be going on vacation smack dab in the middle of our semester. But I have been dealing with heavy stuff lately (work, students' struggles, and friend stuff I've mentioned before) so it's actually perfect timing. I can get away and have fun and come back feeling more light-hearted and ready for the rest of the semester.

Farewell my friends! Be back in a week!

No comments: