Saturday, September 17, 2005

Thank you!!!....and a joke

Ok, I am so thankful for friends and family. I have been asking for prayer for this hard, transitional time I am going through, and I just feel so (beyond) blessed at the outpouring of love and encouragement I have received. Thank you! It makes me realize I have so much to be thankful for. I am doing a lot better and am feeling less anxious and fearful about my job. God is continuing to stretch me, teach me, and bring me closer to Him through it. It's still hard, but I believe things will get easier as time goes on.

This is so random, but I heard this joke the other day and it made me chuckle, so I felt like sharing. Keep in mind this is the kind of joke our parents probably share with their friends when they go out to dinner for a good laugh. But I thought it was cute just the same:

A 60-year old couple is walking down the beach one day and they happen upon a lamp in the sand. "Hmmm...I wonder..." says the husband. He picks it up, rubs the side of it, and sure enough - out comes a genie. "Ok, look," the genie begins before they can say anything, "Yeah, I'm a genie. Yeah, you got me outta the lamp. But I only grant ONE wish per person, so make it good."

The couple is so excited and the husband lets his wife go first. "Well, I've always wanted to travel throughout Europe!" *POOF* At her feet, a box appears filled with first class plane tickets all around Europe and hotel reservations in all the major cities. She is thrilled.

Then, the genie turns and looks at the husband. "And for you?" he asks. The husband smiles real big, rubs his hands together, and says, "I've always wanted a wife who was 30 years younger than me!!"

*POOF* He turned into a 90-year old man.

(*imagine your parents laughing hysterically*)

No comments: